Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Introduction

So, this is the blog in which I will discuss my research. I will try to be as general as possible, though at times it might get a bit tricky.

The general scope of my work is the standard model of particle physics - that is our current idea of how the smallest objects, the elementary particles, work. Very nice general introductions to this topic can be found at the large particle physics laboratories in Europe, at CERN or, in German, at DESY. Here I will only discuss what is of direct relevance to my own work.

An additional companion to this blog is my twitter account, on which I push some insights, some news, or some general remarks on my research, and on what is going on in the world of particle physics from my perspective.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment